I just uploaded the first ColdFire 1.1 release to RIAForge! This is my first release as the new project manager for ColdFire, so I'm pretty excited.
Here is what's new:
Firefox 3 Support
This has been a long time coming. Without going into all the details, I was having issues with the coldfire-service XPCOM object which handles setting request headers for ColdFire. This piece of the ColdFire code was very much a monkey see/monkey do effort based on the Modify Headers extension. Luckily Gareth Hunt, the author of the Modify Headers figured things out and I was able to do something similar in ColdFire.
If you want to use Firefox 3 you will have to use ColdFire with the new Firebug 1.1 beta, which you can get at http://www.getfirebug.com. The Firebug 1.1 beta is actually the recommend and supported version of Firebug, so I will no longer be testing with, or supporting, ColdFire with Firebug 1.0. (The current version of ColdFire does work with Firebug 1.0, but that will probably not be the case for much longer.) Note that ColdFire 1.1 and Firebug 1.1 both work with Firefox 2 so you don't have to use Firefox 3.
New Version Numbering
The official version number for this release is 1.1 51.51. This breaks down to major_version.minor_version.coldfusion_revision.firefox_revision. I did this in the hope of allowing users to more easily update their ColdFire installations. The coldfire.cfm debug template now only checks the coldfusion_revision part of the version number for compatibility. This means as the coldfire.cfm stabilizes you will be able to continue updating the extension with out updating the debugging template. (For example, if we were to release 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, these would both be compatible with the current coldfire.cfm.) Also, going forward, if you are using an incompatible version of the extension you should get an error message in the general tab.
DB Queries Tab Updates
I've added Cached, Template and Timestamp columns to the DB Queries tab. The layout of this tab had to be changed a bit to fit all of the data, but I think most users will like it. Also the formatting of the query is now maintained, which should help if you are debugging complex queries.
There were some updates to the build file to support generating the version number based on SVN revision numbers, but I'll put together a separate post on those changes. For now just know that if you want to build the distribution you can just run the default ANT target in either the /trunk of /tags/22.214.171.124 branches and you should be good to go.
A Few Other Minor Updates
A few other minor updates were made to the core processing logic, but most of that was "under the hood." The only change some people may notice is that I changed the variables request header name form "ColdFire-Variables" to "x-coldfire-variables."
That's the big stuff for this release. I just want to close by saying thanks to Ray Camden and Adam Podolnick. They came up ColdFire and have been kind enough to let me run with their code. I hope I can continue to do their brainchild justice.