In honor of Mark Drew's visit to the Philly CFUG last night, and Sean Corfield's announcement about the new Railo beta today, I've just posted a new version of ColdFire with a debugging template for Railo. This is a beta release. For more info on installation and what's supported in this release see my blog post on the RIAForge site.
Just a quick post to let folks know I've just uploaded a extension only update for ColdFire which fixes a stored procedure related issue with the DB Queries tab. Check out the RIAForge site for more info.
I just uploaded a new version of ColdFire to RIAForge. This release is an extension only update so there is no need to update the server bits.
Here is a quick rundown of what is new/fixed:
- Total execution time is now shown on general tab.
- Users can choose to have the execution times tab show the totals at the top, using the new "Exec Time Totals on Top" option.
- Fixed issue where components with no methods would break variables output.
- Fixed user preferences (selected options) so that they are now persisted.
Also, one thing I noticed while working on this release is that the variables tab does not correctly display child components. If you have a component that extends another component, you will only see the methods defined on the child component and the display will not indicate that the component extends another component. I'll have to look into what can be done to fix this, but in the meantime it is something to be aware of if you depend on ColdFire to give you the API for a component.
As always, keep the bug reports and feature requests coming.
Recently I went back to doing Flex work and one of the things I immediately missed was ColdFire. So I decided to take a look to see what could be done to get my favorite debugging tool working with CF powered Flex applications. Turns out it wasn't all that hard. First though, check out the video below to get an idea of what I'm talking about. (Sorry, no sound as I recorded this at work.)
Last night I released a new version of ColdFire, 184.108.40.206. This is an extension only bug fix release which:
- fixed issues with execution times tab summary rows (issues 42 and 44)
- fixed issue with variables tab (issue 43)
- improved multiple tab support.
I also realized I never announced the previous 220.127.116.11 release on this blog. That release had quite a few improvements and new features which I'll detail below.
Just a quick post to announce that I'll be speaking about "Debugging ColdFusion Web Applications using Firebug and ColdFire" at the ColdFusion Unconference. If you're going to MAX this year and want to find out more about what Firebug and ColdFire can do for you, come check out my session.
I just posted ColdFire 18.104.22.168 to RIAForge which fixes a couple of recently discovered bugs. For details check out the ColdFire site.