Recently I went back to doing Flex work and one of the things I immediately missed was ColdFire. So I decided to take a look to see what could be done to get my favorite debugging tool working with CF powered Flex applications. Turns out it wasn't all that hard. First though, check out the video below to get an idea of what I'm talking about. (Sorry, no sound as I recorded this at work.)
Last night I released a new version of ColdFire, 22.214.171.124. This is an extension only bug fix release which:
- fixed issues with execution times tab summary rows (issues 42 and 44)
- fixed issue with variables tab (issue 43)
- improved multiple tab support.
I also realized I never announced the previous 126.96.36.199 release on this blog. That release had quite a few improvements and new features which I'll detail below.
Just a quick post to announce that I'll be speaking about "Debugging ColdFusion Web Applications using Firebug and ColdFire" at the ColdFusion Unconference. If you're going to MAX this year and want to find out more about what Firebug and ColdFire can do for you, come check out my session.
I just posted ColdFire 188.8.131.52 to RIAForge which fixes a couple of recently discovered bugs. For details check out the ColdFire site.
Over the weekend I put CF Debug Copy for IE up on RIAForge. I hadn't posted this to RIAForge before because I had plans to investigate building the windows installer using WiX so that I could post the source along with the final .msi. Since it has been well over a year and I haven't got around to this I figured I might as well post the installer I built using Visual Studio.
(This is a re-post from my work blog, but I thought I'd post it here for everyone else.)
ANT has a SQL task which allows you to execute SQL statements via JDBC which can be very handy in a number of projects. Currently I'm using this task to execute a directory of generated sql files, each of which defines a stored procedure for MS SQL Server. Here is what a typical one of these stored procdure SQL files looks like: